Inside Sales Representative
Company: Sonepar USA
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies
in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over
900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has
experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents
many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the
country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson,
Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis
and Oklahoma City. Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the
electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an
industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community
activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating
companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and
industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is
the world leader in electrical distribution. This position
interviews customers in order to determine the appropriate product
desired either by phone or at the company facility and records
information into Irby's computer system, Eclipse, for product pick
up or delivery by performing the following duties. Essential Duties
- Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a
positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant
telephone and email etiquette, and a general attitude as a
representative of goodwill on behalf of the company at work or
during company travel.
- Handles difficulties with customers and coworkers with
diplomacy and seeks assistance when needed.
- Resolves customer order problems and complaints promptly.
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical
knowledge of general and specialty merchandise items to assist
customers and other company personnel.
- Determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired by
being familiar with products sold in the department by use, vendor,
location in warehouse, catalog and catalog number, other reference
materials, and special selling points.
- Identifies, uses and maintains appropriate company and/or
customer pricing systems.
- Establishes or improves relationships with customers to better
understand sales territory, schedule and customer needs by phone,
email, and customer visits.
- Communicate with customers by phone, email, or in person to
receive orders for products.
- Makes phone calls to regular and prospective customers to
- Describes or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog,
and emphasizes salable features.
- Solicits sale of new or additional products.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices,
terms and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard
- Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required
identification, necessary information for customer, merchandise,
price, and sales tax status for processing, shipment and delivery
of merchandise in a timely manner. Follows up with any specific
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of
own firm's delivery schedules.
- Requisitions merchandise from warehouse for immediate delivery,
delayed customer pick-up, company truck delivery or shipment by
common carrier. Loads customer materials for "will call"
- Purchases materials following approved purchasing
- Assists in collections of accounts and verifies customer credit
status and credit procedures.
- Reviews complaints concerning billing or products sold,
referring complaints to designated departments for investigation
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business
- Keeps a careful, accurate and daily record of expenses to be
- Sells and promotes branch and company-wide promotions and
specials as directed.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, electronic business correspondence,
and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from small groups of managers, clients, customers, and
the general public.
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job
such as; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals
and metric scales; computing rate, ratio, and percentages and to
draw and interpret bar graphs; calculating figures and amounts such
as discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school; and two to four years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sonepar USA, Jackson , Inside Sales Representative, Sales , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!