Trane- Controls / HVAC Technician
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: May 23, 2019
Ingersoll Rand is acompany whose people and businesses around the
world create progress for our customers in the global climate
control, air conditioning and heating, industrial and security
markets. These markets continue to expand as they address growing
needs in developed and developing economies alike. Our products,
systems and solutions increase the efficiency and productivity of
industrial, commercial operations, homes, and improve the security,
safety, health and comfort of people around the world. We have
opportunities for career growth through our diverse businesses,
which manufacture many well-recognized brands including Club Car,
Ingersoll Rand,Thermo King and Trane. In every line of business,
Ingersoll Rand enables companies and their customers to inspire
progress. For more information about Ingersoll Rand, visit
The Air Conditioning Systems and Services business of Ingersoll
Rand provides heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
that enhance the quality and comfort of the air in homes and
buildings around the world, under the Trane and American Standard
Heating & Air Conditioning names and brands.Why Trane Is The Best
Company for Controls/Service Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, and smart phone
Job Description:This role is the primary service and maintenance
contact for Ingersoll Rand/Trane Customers in a defined market with
a diverse commercial base including Healthcare, Process
Manufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions and Office
Complexes. In this extremely unique role blending your HVAC and
Controls knowledge, you will be responsible for starting and
commissioning new systems, diagnosing, and repair of
environmental-control systems, utilizing knowledge of electronics,
direct digital control, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory,
and control and mechanical techniques in diverse commercial
settings. Additionally, you would be expected to engage in retrofit
and repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of
air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. It
serves to Promote and Maintain Customer Relationships through
delivering world class customer service. Trane/Ingersoll Rand
affords you the opportunity to work directly for a leading
manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on
newest technology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity
for growth.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Establish& maintain a positive relationship with customers,
vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written
communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming,
starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at
- Ensures customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, and
diagnosing systems both remotely and at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, end to end testing,
downloading programming, starting up, commissioning (installing),
and servicing on direct digital control systems.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and programs complex
environmental control systems. Utilizes knowledge of electronics
(board level troubleshooting), direct digital controls, airflow,
hydronics, refrigeration theory, and building control
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely
understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by
extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues,
gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned
projects and ensuring customer satisfaction to include training and
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety
of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications,
to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Organizes and complies with all pertinent documentation needed
on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfully manage the
businesses required reports.
- Independently manages daily business needs by identifying parts
to order for repairs and determines the urgency of the
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital
controls and HVAC mechanical systems.
- Initiates the direction of the customer to the appropriate
sales contact as necessary.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience
in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School)
and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit& Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including
but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to
noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions,
precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires
employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently
lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move
more than 40 lbs.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress, for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate, then
you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Ingersoll Rand is committed to a
diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Jackson , Trane- Controls / HVAC Technician, Professions , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!