Posted on: December 5, 2018
Novolex--- employs over 7,000 people across the globe. From our iconic corporate headquarters in South Carolina--- to our 46 world-class manufacturing sites--- to our new state of the art professional center near Charlotte--- we strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex--- Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
The Mechanic C is a key maintenance resource for the facility. The position has overall responsibilities for the plants efficiency and reliability. Additionally the "C" Mechanic has in-depth knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in two of the four maintenance skills: electrical, mechanical, machine shop and general maintenance. He/She can perform their skills with minimum supervision and can coordinate work activities with operational and maintenance personnel to ensure efficient and safe, routine plant maintenance. The Mechanic "C" is responsible for attaining the necessary skills to maintain the Mechanic "C" level.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE JOB
- This position has multiple responsibilities which range from:
- Electrical troubleshooting ( if qualified ) and repair for the plant in any department
- Repair of machine parts to building new parts from stock
- Support for the production department in any means necessary
- All elements of general maintenance responsibilities as assigned by Supervision
- Perform every element of maintenance with Safety as the first responsibility
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds from the floor
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to safety move rollers and machine parts around the work area
- Analytical trouble shoot
- General plumbingJOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Documented training for General Maintenance
- Documented training for Machine Shop or (Machinist)
- Documented training for Welding, or Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Documented training for electrical currentMust have two certifications in the area listed above from an accredit school or program to be considered for this position.
About the Company
- Novolex--- is North America's leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex's packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex--- brands includes Bagcraft-- Packaging, Hilex Poly--, Fortune Plastics--, Duro Bag--, De Luxe-- Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag---, International Converter--, General Packaging-- Products, and Heritage Bag--.
- Each of the Novolex--- brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex--- brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex--- is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 46 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds' largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- Novolex--- focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex--- product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex--- in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex's family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex--- name is based on the Latin "NOVO" for new and "LEX" a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly-- and Duro Bag-- respectively.
- Novolex's--- mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex---, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex---, visit our website at: www.novolex.com
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Novolex--- is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company's application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Keywords: Novolex, Jackson , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!