Clerk (1st shift)
Company: FedEx Supply Chain
Posted on: May 23, 2019
Description: About FedEx Supply Chain FedEx Supply Chain, a
subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the
third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio
that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of
innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a
consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement
innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By
leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network,
FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide
flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for
customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and
35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain
manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million
returns each year. For more information, go to
supplychain.fedex.com. -- We Have---.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world---s
most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow
and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health,
vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more! -- General
Summary---. Perform clerical work requiring application of various
work methods and procedures, and familiarity with departmental
functions, policies, and practices. -- This position will be
- Receiving, classifying, and routing incoming mail and serve as
a backup to the receptionist.
- Check, analyze, and classify/alphabetize materials and conduct
limited research when necessary.
- Making postings to various departmental records and prepare
reports involving tabulations or posted data and simple math
- Conduct limited research of records for information relating to
taxes, titles, judgments, or verification or location of other
records or information.
- Receive and issue receipts for payments for licenses, permits,
certificates, bonds, service, etc.
- Issue licenses, permits, certificates, or other legal
documents, and/or titles in accordance with departmental rules and
- Indexes records and information and file in established
- Operating a typewriter, adding machine, calculator, copier,
and/or other office machines.
- Calculating, preparing and mailing bills for documents or
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned. Qualification:
You might be a great fit if---. Education/Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 0-2 year experience in clerical work, preferably in a warehouse
- Working knowledge of business English, spelling, and
arithmetic; office practices and procedures; departmental rules and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player. -- Physical/Cognitive Requirements With or
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.--
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend,
stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 30 pounds. ADA ---FedEx
Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable
accommodations are available for qualified individuals with
disabilities throughout the subsequent application process. -- Fed
Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer.-- We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: FedEx Supply Chain, Jackson , Clerk (1st shift), Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!