Company: MAT Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Company DescriptionEstablished in 1984 as Midwest Air
Technologies, Inc. (MAT Holdings, Inc.) is a $1.5 billion
multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution
centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company's core
businesses include the production, sales and service of products in
the fencing and hardware, automotive and power equipment sectors.
MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless
opportunities enabled by our global presence in 12 countries and
14,000 employees.Job DescriptionIndustrial designers work with
other professionals in designing ideas for clients and turning
those ideas into new products. This key role will assist the Sales,
Marketing and Engineering teams in the creation of conceptual
designs for the development of new products and leading
improvements to existing products. Ergonomics, Brand Identity,
Aesthetics, Product Safety and Durability are all major
considerations for new products.Principle Responsibilities
- Create 3D models from concept to production with materials
which may include:
- Sheet metal
- Die castings
- Powdered metal parts
- Injection molded parts
- Final product assemblies using PTC CREO CAD software.
- Create and maintain an archive for models, renderings and brand
guidelines for various customers.
- Develop renderings and presentations for internal and external
- Recommend product improvements and cost reduction
- Work with internal teams and external suppliers to present new
designs and accept feedback to reach final design status for
- Transfer CAD and electronic files to vendors in the most usable
format i.e. (.stp, .stl, .dwg, .dxf, .psd, etc---)
- Communicate design information as needed between internal and
- Work within per-established deadlines, design requirements,
performance specifications, and target costs.
- Assist with the creation of packaging designs.
- Complete other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees
are required to work a 40-hr week. At times, it may be necessary to
work additional hours in order to get the required tasks
accomplished to meet deadlines.
- While no control of others exists, when in discussion with
others, this position must display tact, diplomacy, and respect. He
or she must listen to, acknowledge and respond to issues in a
- Must know Windows and Microsoft Office software products.
- Fluency with PTC Creo, Key Shot, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe
- Highly motivated, well organized.
- Maintain high personal standards of quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Creativity, initiative, and problem solving skills are
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience is preferred.
- Must have experience using PTC Creo or related CAD
- Experience with rendering software to convert 3D CAD into
- Experience in plastic injection molding design would be a
plus.Additional InformationAll your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: MAT Holdings, Inc., Jackson , Industrial Designer, Other , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!