Product Design Engineer (Fabricated Parts)
Company: Wabtec Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Lead the creation of new detailed designs based on a broad
concept definition, using existing manufacturing processes for
global fabricated parts. (radiators, oil coolers, heat exchangers
and charge-air-coolers.) Work with global customers to troubleshoot
issues which includes assisting manufacturing and/or suppliers with
design problems, performs tolerance analysis when creating new
designs, and understands tooling requirements associated with their
designs. Provides engineering support for all aspects of assigned
product line to ensure functionality, quality, cost, and schedule
by performing the following duties. This role includes up to 10%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include
- Manages a design team of drafts people and designers and leads
them to ensure products are getting designed correctly and on
- Proactively develops new design practices that will increase
the value of Young Touchstone products. Finds areas of cost
reductions based on current manufacturing practices. Analyzes new
designs for cost effectiveness during development.
- Initiates value-added engineering projects. Acts as a technical
resource to the customers so that they always come to Young
Touchstone when developing new products and applications.
Anticipate future needs of our customers and works to find ways to
be able to meet these needs. Works with customers on the creation
of new designs by interpreting their dimensional, durability, and
performance needs and ensuring that the design meets these needs.
Works with customers on any fit-up issues.
- Utilize 3-D modelling and best practices and assists other
designers with CAD questions and technique. Review the design of
designers and drafts people.
- Works with customer and production to solve design
- Determines the method of verifying and validating new
- Conceptually designs new products, including the sizing and
packaging of the heat exchanger system.
- Writes DFMEAs and assures that product designs are meeting the
functional requirements of the customer.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelors degree or 2 to 4 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Previous experience in the design of fabricated parts with 3D
- Open to 10% global travel to customer sites.
*Relocation package may be provided if you meet eligibility
Keywords: Wabtec Corporation, Jackson , Product Design Engineer (Fabricated Parts), Other , jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!