Company: LANE COLLEGE
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Position: Network and Database Administrator Department:
Information Technology Reports to: Associate Vice-President of
Technology FSLA: Salary Exempt Remote Work: No Duties and
- Manage and administer all operating systems and their
corresponding or associated software.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot network and
- Design, implement, test, and document disaster recovery plans
for operating systems, workstations, and software applications as
- Provide onsite technical support before and after hours as
- Manage Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or
significant) and execute them if required.
- Manage connectivity to wired and wireless LAN network for the
- Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining policies,
procedures, and associated training plans for system administration
and appropriate use.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and
access rights to systems. Update user data on active
- Responsible for . Database support, coordinating a helpdesk
system for rectifying campus support issues. CAMS and SQL Database,
Blackboard\Amazon Web Services\Microsoft 365
- Perform network audits.
- Perform system backups and restorations.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware
- Assist in documentation for all systems as required.
- Administer PC platforms by installing, configuring,
maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting.
- Maintain IP address assignments, inventory database, network
administration and server administration.
- Monitor all systems and reports problems to responsible
individuals within the IS department.
- Troubleshooting WAN/LAN network issues.
- Prepare and deliver daily, weekly, and/or monthly status
reports to Infrastructure Manager.
- Support all equipment for training room, video conferencing and
conference room equipment at all sites.
- Assess, identify, and recommend standards for PC, MAC and
mobile devices, tablets, printers, and other client
- Develop standardized PC configurations incorporating
features/functionality/security based on best-practice design and
analysis of business needs.
- Document standards, configuration and work procedures related
to client hardware and software.
- Perform image management by developing, documenting, and
updating master images for standard products.
- Responsible for ensuring client software compliance within the
- Assist in development of action plans to ensure compliancy and
take corrective actions.
- Provide after hour support coverage.
- Perform hardware repairs and maintenance on computer systems,
handheld devices, cell phones, wireless cards, phones, printers,
servers, network equipment and peripherals. Rebuild computer
systems as required.
- Participate in the testing of new hardware installs and client
configurations. As backup support, install and configure new
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training in information
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as strong
customer service abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business leaders on
highly technical information in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical
documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products
- Proficiency in Windows environment (Client and Server OS),
Active Directory, and Microsoft M365 suite.
- Strong working knowledge of local area and wide area network
(LAN and WAN) administration experience preferred.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or
hear. May be required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and
arms. Ability to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
and use foot/feet to operate machinery.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Please note this
job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. Associated topics: data
analytic, data engineer, data quality, data scientist, data
warehouse, data warehousing, database, database administrator, erp,
mongo database administrator
Keywords: LANE COLLEGE, Jackson , Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!