Human Resources Manager
Company: MAT Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc. (MAT
Holdings, Inc.) is a $1.9 billion multi-national company with
manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices
worldwide. The company's core businesses include the production,
sales and service of products in the fencing and hardware,
automotive and power equipment sectors. MAT is a family of
companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by
our global presence in 12 countries and 14,000 employees.
Come join our team in Jackson, Tennessee as our Human Resources
Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for maximizing the
strategic use of HR to enhance company culture while aligning with
organizational goals. You'll manage all areas of HR including
recruiting & on-boarding, talent management, benefits
administration, employee relations, compliance, and other related
activities. Use your extensive experience to partner with site
leadership in handling complex HR issues while influencing culture,
supporting retention, and driving for excellence.
Recruiting & On-boarding
- Manage all recruiting activities, ensuring best practices in
attraction and selection of talent.
- Administer onboarding activities including execution of
pre-employment screenings, new hire orientation, collection/entry
of new hire data.
- Oversee the selection and delivery of temporary staffing
services, managing vendor relationships for optimal
- Drive strong employee performance through frequent and clear
communications, clarity of expectations, and promoting positive
relationships among management and employees.
- Facilitate annual performance appraisal process, guiding
leaders and employees through goal setting and performance review
- Provide guidance and recommendations on employee salaries to
ensure wages are competitive and fair.
- Support and drive employee engagement activities to enhance
employee experience and favorably impact morale.
- Administer off-boarding activities including exit interviews,
system updates, and collection of company property.
- Communicate benefits program options to employees, assist with
new enrollments, facilitate open enrollment, and answer employee
- Provide direction to employees and managers with escalated HR
questions and complex employee relations issues with strong
attention to detail in documentation and follow-up.
- Maintain a proactive employee relations program in which all
questions, issues, and complaints are addressed timely and
effectively; that the systems to resolve conflict or to take
corrective actions are administered objectively.
- Ensure compliance with all HR regulatory requirements,
interpreting and guiding leadership regarding federal, state, and
local employment laws/policy.
- Prepare, recommend, and maintain records and procedures for
controlling employment transactions.
- Drive a culture of fair and equitable employment practices
while managing all HR policies and procedures.
- Manage leaves of absences, tracking time-off and points, and
work with management on processes and procedures related to absence
management and work accommodations.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect
continual improvements in HR services performed.
Training & Safety
- Ensure all required federal and state safety training (OSHA,
etc.) is completed and tracked in a timely manner.
- Maintain excellent health and safety working conditions and
security for the safeguard of all employees.
- Investigate and manage worker's compensation incidents and
return to work program
- Identify and recommend training opportunities to further
develop employees for continued growth and retention.
- Act as mentor and guide for HR staff, both direct report team
members and peers as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times, being careful to
restrict access to sensitive information, promoting trust within
- Demonstrate Integrity. Do the right thing in all situations,
follow-through on commitments, maintain confidentiality, and bring
your best to work.
- Metrics driven. Ability to gather and organize data and make
sound decisions and recommendations in a timely and confident
- Drive for Continuous Improvement. Uses lean tools to manage
personal objectives linked directly to business objectives.
- Think Conceptually and Intuitively. Linking problems and
symptoms to identify underlying issues and root causes.
- Lead Effectively. Able to lead projects requiring
multi-department participation with strategic decision-making.
- Coach with Intention. Accurately identifies strengths and
development needs in others; giving clear, motivating, and
constructive feedback; provides challenging assignments and
opportunities for development.
- Promote Collaboration. Involves team members in plans and
decisions that affect them.
- Foster Open Communication. Promotes open discussion of ideas;
providing others with open access to information; listening
willingly to input and concerns expressed by others.
- Influential. Possess the ability to shape the decisions of
others and to work through issues or conflicts constructively.
- Resourceful. Proactively leverages peers and internal sources.
Engages and participates in HR-related organizations (e.g., SHRM,
Local Chambers of Commerce).
- Bachelor's degree required, with preference for Business, Human
Resources Management, or related study.
- Minimum of seven years of human resources experience required,
including five plus years of progressive supervisory/management
- Proven HRIS expertise, preferably with ADP.
- Excellent leadership skills including project planning and the
ability to adopt new technologies to managers, employees, and other
- Solid understanding of labor laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: MAT Holdings, Inc., Jackson , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!