Customer Service Representative
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Ascend's Customer Service Representatives provide support and
assistance to account managers through timely order entry and
appointment scheduling, while maintaining data integrity basic
level. They provide client screening and scheduling of
transportation in a prompt, courteous and professional manner, and
accountable for daily hands-on customer related situations and
resolving load discrepancies.
- Solicit and accept revenue producing freight from customer list
provided by sales department and third-party brokers.
- Grow and develop customer relationships to maintain business and
increase additional levels of revenue producing freight by
exceeding service level expectations.
- Use exemplary telephone skills to present a quality-oriented
image where the Customer is treated in a consistent, courteous, and
- Responsible for monitoring and tracing loads so that the follow
up can be made to Customers regarding late pickups and or
- Initiate Service Failure Reports.
- Responsible for managing and clearing all billing issues.
- Responsible for managing service issues by researching and coding
all applicable service failures in the system to support accurate
- Responsible for managing EDI related requirements or web-based
portals as required by Customer.
- Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all load issues
to meet or exceed total satisfaction of Customers.
- Assist in collecting and maintaining current Customer information
in the system.
- Work with all other Ascend internal departments to resolve
customer or company issues when necessary.
- Communicate to Sales Service turn down freight and new business
- Serve as the Customer liaison with other departments when
necessary (i.e., claims, pricing, collections, etc.).
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Customers,
Operation Personnel, Drivers, and management of all levels.
- Assist in notifying and collecting detention (power and trailer)
- Models and promotes Ascend's Values: Zero Safety Events; Be
Courageous; Act with Integrity; Inspire Trust; Teamwork; Have Fun
and Build a Legacy.
- Previous driving experience or 6 months of customer service
KNOWLEDGE, Skills, and traits
- Effective use of written and oral communication.
- Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive
engagement and patience.
- Ability to receive detailed customer load information by
telephone, fax, or EDI.
- Ability to input all load information into the system accurately
to ensure system integrity.
- Must be able to enter an average of 30 to 45 loads per day.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of
a collaborative team
Education, Certifications, & License Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
Keywords: Ascend, Jackson , Customer Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!