Director - Jackson Regional Practical Nursing Program
Company: Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson
Posted on: April 13, 2019
Director - Jackson Regional Practical Nursing
Program----QualificationsBachelor's degree in nursing (BSN)
required.-- Five (5) years of current hospital clinical experience
and current unencumbered RN license in the State of Tennessee. Two
(2) years teaching experience in the nursing field preferred. Other
desired qualifications include: Administrative and/or supervision
of a nursing staff; good computer and communication skills; and
knowledge of current State of Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Coordinate the activities of the Jackson Regional Practical
Nursing Program and other nursing-related programs that may be
- Assist campus staff with the recruitment, orientation,
counseling, and evaluation of students.
- Staff the department, train, evaluate, and supervise faculty
- Assign teaching and non-teaching loads, assist with teaching,
and act as a mediator between students and teachers.
- Prepare annual reports for accrediting bodies and maintain
records for the department of nursing.
- Provide leadership in teaching, service, clinical practice and
developmental tasks to the department.--Responsibilities
- Director of Nursing reports to the President of TCAT
- Manage all Nursing Programs at TCAT locations in: Crump,
Lexington, Jackson, Humboldt, Brownsville, and Whiteville.
- Organize and ensure advisory meetings are conducted according
- Ensure compliance with the completion, placement, licensure and
accreditation standards of the Council on Occupational Education
(COE), TN Board of Nursing, and TCAT Jackson, TCAT Whiteville, and
- Work with area healthcare facilities to secure clinical sites,
ensure clinical contracts are current, and students meet the
requirements of clinical facilities.
- Work with appropriate administrative personnel to develop
adequate program budgets.
- Develop, review, and update curricula and instructional
material with faculty to ensure adherence to all applicable
regulatory or accreditation standards.
- Facilitate professional development programs for assigned
- Coordinate First Aid and CPR activities for nursing faculty,
staff, and students.
- Compile, revise and publish the Jackson Regional Practical
Nursing Program Handbook and related manuals and brochures on a
- Administer policies and procedures established by TBR/ TCAT and
participate in college and departmental policy development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Review of applications will
begin April 30, 2019 with an expected start date of July 1, 2019.
All interested applicants should submit an official employment
application, cover letter, resume, college transcripts, and letters
of reference by clicking apply.
--The TCAT-Jackson does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and
activities.Please click to apply & upload resume!The Jackson Sun.
Keywords: Nursing Program Manager, Location: Jackson, TN -
Keywords: Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson, Jackson , Director - Jackson Regional Practical Nursing Program, Healthcare , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!