Veterans Preferred - Mental Health Specialist
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -
$27.50 / Hourly
At CoreCivic, our Mental Health teams make lasting changes in the
lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the
CoreCivic is currently seeking Mental Health Specialists who have a
passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a
review of available records, and clinical interviews with
- As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical
staff, e.g., psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health service
provider's physicians, nurse, and social workers, in order to
gather and provide information concerning patient psychological
problems, to ensure treatment activities are well integrated and
patient care follow-through occurs.
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and
modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of
needs and level of functioning.
- Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health
care record for each person seen.
- Consults with and makes appropriate recommendations to
multidisciplinary staff (e.g., security staff, unit staff, and
facility management) regards behavior and mental health issues
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and
information at all times.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of psychological counseling
theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for
individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and
confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of
inmates in crisis.
- Administrators mental status exams or uses other psychological
tests and instruments as necessary to evaluate inmates' treatment,
adjustment, and placement needs.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree
in social or behavioral science or a closely related field
- One year experience where the primary responsibility was
provision of mental health or counseling services.
- Additional related work experience that includes direct
provision of counseling services or training for same may be
substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- A valid driver's license is preferred, unless required by
contract or applicable statute.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Jackson , Veterans Preferred - Mental Health Specialist, Healthcare , Clifton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!