CNA- In Home Caregivers
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Overview:Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and
regulations.Responsibilities:Provides direct care to clients, while
promoting the client's highest level of functioning, as directed by
the BAH Agency Leader and/or under the supervision of a licensed
nurse when applicable by state rule. Assists in maintaining the
client's environment in a safe and neat manner. Promotes quality
services within non-skilled home care standards as well as
applicable state home care agency regulations.
- Receives and communicates changes in the client's care needs
and requested changes in specific home care services to the BAH
Agency Leader as needed.
- Provides personal care and/or concierge/homemaker/companion
services to the client per their individualized plan of care.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding care as
- Prepares residents for meals and assists to and from the dining
areas. Assists with set up and feeding of meals.
- Assists residents with toilet and incontinence care. Makes
incontinence checks at least every 2 hours and provides incontinent
care as needed when providing care greater than 2 hours in a
- Keeps client's home neat and clean.
- Performs vital signs, B/Ps, weights and other trained
procedures as per client's care plan.
- Completes prevention and restorative care that includes but not
limited to PROM, AROM, ambulation, transferring, bathing, grooming,
and other ADL care according to the plan of care.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the home care agency's policy
& procedures pertinent to role.
- Assists in turning, positioning, and repositioning of
- Communicates effectively with the clients, families, visitors
and the BAH agency leader and scheduler.
- Actively participates in Community Quality Assurance
- Maintains education development to include attending ongoing
education development to maintain compliance with State and Federal
Regulations and current knowledge of client care practices and
maintains compliance with required annual training.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living, including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting
to and from activities and meals according to the client plan of
- Assists clients with homemaker companion tasks such as laundry,
shopping, light housekeeping, meals, according to the plan of
- Follows infection control and safety policies and
- Maintains means to travel to client's homes to arrive on time
- Communicates with supervisor at least 2 hours prior to
assignment if unable to come to work.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
Proof of completing an approved Certified Nursing Assistant program
is required. Six months experience in health care is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Successful completion of State C.N.A. course. Must maintain CNA
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines
with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved
with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal
instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few
repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the
organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working
knowledge of facility emergency procedures including fire and
disaster drills. Ability to follow facility policies. Ability to
maintain resident confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA policies.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Jackson , CNA- In Home Caregivers, Healthcare , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!