Chief Nursing Officer - Jackson, TN
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: April 14, 2019
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the development
and implementation of the plans for providing nursing care,
treatment, and services including determination of the types and
numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care and
the development of a patient focused, team oriented culture,
working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and
therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior
outcomes. The CNO holds full responsibility for the quality of
nursing care provided. Represents nursing on the Governing Body and
other hospital committees. This position will support cultural
diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and
culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting
and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is
respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural
diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee
orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient
population served in the hospital.Job Code: 100112
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the
eligibity requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field required unless
higher degree required by state.
- Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management
experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour
accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary
oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested
when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds
these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a
calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 616 West Forest Avenue, Jackson 38301
Shift: Day Job
Keywords: Encompass Health, Jackson , Chief Nursing Officer - Jackson, TN, Executive , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!