Company: Support Solutions of the Mid South
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Location Jackson - Jackson, TN
To provide supervision and coordination of residential, day and
personal assistance supports for persons served. This position will
act as liaison between Direct Support Professionals, and
administration for the day to day operation of the assigned areas.
This includes ensuring that person(s) served needs are met,
staffing ratios are correct, staff are properly trained, and
documentation is complete and accurate and that all areas of
responsibility meet state and licensure requirements.
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities assistance with performing the essential functions of
- Meet with representatives from each home weekly to review shift
documentation for completion, accuracy and appropriateness. Develop
and adhere to schedule to ensure that the process is
- Provide initial and ongoing training to Direct Support Staff on
- Provide initial and ongoing training to Direct Support Staff on
strategies for planning appropriate community based activities for
- Maintain and effective system for tracking receipt of shift
- Provide accurate CB Day billing information to the Finance
Department monthly. Home Supervision
- Assist with supervision, evaluations, completion of
disciplinary actions, hiring of Direct Support Professionals in the
locations assigned, with input and approval of the Assistant
Program Director and/or Regional Director.
- Attend planning meetings as required. Also participate in the
development of person(s) served plans of care (ISP or PCSP) and
activity calendars. Document progress in monthly reviews. Assure
community supports are in accordance with the plan of care.
- Schedule and hold regular staff meetings and staff training
(agenda items to include proper implementation of person(s) served
programs, company policies and procedures, orientation of new
staff, to include job shadowing). Assure that communication is
maintained with all staff. Assure appropriate coverage of all
shifts and the completion of all duties.
- Assure that all aspects of the person(s) served records (hard
copy and electronic) are current and conform to all regulations and
standards. Including review of Electronic Records daily to assure
that daily notes are entered by all staff in the home and meet
expectations of funding sources.
- Assure that all required/recommended medical appointments are
completed; assure that staff coverage is arranged to accompany
person(s) served to appointments, and assure communication to all
staff regarding that appointment. Any follow up appointments should
be documented in the electronic record.
- Assure that all incidents are reported according to policies
and procedures in a prompt and timely manner. 8. Assist with
internal and external investigation requests, including
documentation requests and coordinating staff interviews.
- Maintain records and security for personal and company funds
(ex. food stamps, personal spending, and business checks). Maintain
an inventory of person(s) served possessions. Procure additional
items as needed and approved.
- Maintain expenditures within the approved budget for assigned
homes and maintain and monitor the use, condition, availability,
and storage of all furniture, appliances, and other household
- Maintain a safe and clean home in accordance with all
standards; this includes the vehicle as well.
- Monitor the acquisition, use, availability, preparation and
storage of all food and household supplies, to include labeling
- Approve and post weekly/monthly menus; assure substitutions are
- Assure that monthly fire and emergency drills are conducted and
properly documented according to policy and procedures.
- Complete and disseminate weekly/monthly activity calendars
which include all appointments, outings, events, in-services,
meetings, etc. that are scheduled for the time period. Note
revisions as necessary. Program Supervision
- Ensure that training specific to the needs of the individual is
completed for all staff before they work with any person served.
Coordinate any behavior or therapy training for new staff. Ensure
the prompt implementation of service plans/ prior authorizations,
Behavior Support Plans, ISP/plans of care, therapy plans for
- Ensure that supervision visits are completed and documented.
This includes three (3) unannounced visits in each home and one (1)
unannounced visit during community based day services for each
individual Monthly Follow up on identified issues. Also follow up
on identified issues from Quality Assurance visits. Supervise
employees, including completion of evaluations and disciplinary
actions. Make recommendations regarding hiring and termination of
- Program Manager may be required to cover a shift if/when
subordinate staff is unavailable.
- Program Manager is on call and is responsible for maintaining a
cell phone 24/7 to ensure accessibility. Program Manager is
required to respond to all calls within 30 minutes from Staff
/Management regarding staffing call outs, aggression, physical
violence, property damage due to behaviors and incidents requiring
law enforcement or emergency medical intervention.
- May give telephonic guidance; however, personal attendance to a
crisis may be required at any time. Assist Direct Support
Professionals in managing incidents and emergencies. Follow up to
ensure that incidents are reported according to policies and
procedures in a prompt and timely manner.
- Review and approve staff schedules to ensure proper coverage
and minimize overtime. Check and approve employee timecards.
- Review activity calendars and shift notes (electronic and hard
copy). Ensure content of documentation is complete and appropriate.
Ensure monthly summaries are completed. Monitor utilization of
electronic records system. Ensure his/her training is completed in
a timely manner.
- Assist with transitions and admissions to all programs that
Support Solutions provides.
- Encourage high productivity, commitment and cooperation by
sharing information through candid, clear and timely
- Contribute to the smooth administration of Support Solutions
operations by performing other duties/task as assigned.
- Encourage customer satisfaction through regular contact with
persons served, conservators, families and external
- Schedule and track all medical and therapy appointments, to
include follow-up via persons served electronic records. Assist
with maintaining medical and therapy grids and Support Solutions
follow-up, as required.
- Ensure persons served, nursing, and team members are informed
of all appointments or assessments for the Person served. All
appointments and follow-up should be noted and maintained within
the persons served electronic record or via hard copy when
necessary. Assist with appointments when appropriate.
- Provide documentation, as needed, to external entities to
ensure supports for persons served.
- Document meetings outcomes and review each Service Plans or
Plan of Care draft for errors for needed revisions. Contact Support
Coordination or ISC Entity for corrections. Insure all information
is uploaded and maintained within the persons served electronic
- Ensure weekly and monthly documentation is reviewed and filed
in a timely manner. Review persons served monthly reviews for
content and accuracy, and then provide to persons served Support
Coordination or ISC Entity.
- Save appointment consults as attachments to T-Log in Therap.
Receive all consultation forms, upload to Therap and send S-Comms
to nursing for review.
- Communication medical appointment information via S-Comms.
- Enter annual and amendments for ISPs and Plans of Care,
including outcomes/action steps as ISP programs in Therap.
- Generate monthly reviews and forward to ISCs.
- Respond to S-Comms within 24 hours (next business day). OTHER
- Exhibits behaviors and best practices that are consistent with
the vision and values of SSMS.
- Practices safe work habits to eliminate and control potential
safety and health hazards and to maintain a safe work environment.
Attends all safety training as scheduled.
- Work as part of the team to ensure that SSMS Quality Management
principles (Plan, Measure, Assess, and Improve) are practiced and
- Operates SSMS and personal transportation in a safe and healthy
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned by
designated and/or authorized staff. This job description does not
list all the duties of your job. You may be asked by Supervisors,
Managers or designated and/or authorized staff to perform other
duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance
of the tasks listed in the job description. SSMS reserves the right
to revise this job description at any time. The job description is
not a contract for employment and either you or SSMS may terminate
employment at any time, for any reason.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. College attendance
is a plus . click apply for full job details
Keywords: Support Solutions of the Mid South, Jackson , Program Manager, Executive , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...