OTR Fleet Manager
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Ascend's Fleet Manager is responsible for managing a fleet of
drivers to meet or exceed all required metrics, maximize revenue,
and minimize costs, and meet or exceed the customer's service
- Reduce workforce turnover by improving employee relations and
establishing a good working relationship with each driver.
- Work with operational personnel and dispatch drivers.
- Promote safety of drivers.
- Demonstrates personal concern for maintaining a safe environment
for themselves and others.
- Manage driver performance and productivity and take proper
disciplinary steps if necessary, including termination of
- Provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and
corrective feedback to others.
- Manage out of route mileage.
- Know, support, and enforce company policies.
- Enter time and ensure payroll is accurate for each driver.
- Act as a liaison between the driver and all other parts of
- Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all load issues
to meet or exceed total satisfaction of customers.
- Work internally with planners and drivers to get desired weekly
mileage goal of a least 2,350.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Operations
Personnel, Drivers, and management of all levels.
- Models and promotes Ascend's Values: Zero Safety Events; Be
Courageous; Act with Integrity; Inspire Trust; Teamwork; Have Fun
and Build a Legacy.
- Previous experience in or knowledge of the transportation
industry preferred not required.
KNOWLEDGE, Skills, and traits
- Ability to manage others and self.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Computer based keyboard skills and ability to learn software
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the
- Ability to exercise independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships (to help produce the
- Ability to effectively plan to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment to continuously improve
- Ability to coach drivers on key areas of needed improvement.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver exceptional service through
positive engagement and patience.
- Able to promote a culture of trust and safety.
Education, Certifications, & License Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Ascend is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse,
inclusive environment where all individuals may grow and thrive,
respecting the different experiences that each employee brings to
their job. Ascend believes that a diverse work environment results
in a better experience for employees and customers and makes Ascend
With our mission of diversity and inclusion in mind, we provide
equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without
regard to race, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy
(including childbirth and related medical conditions), religion,
age, disability, citizenship, sex (including sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression), marital status, ancestry, genetic
information, veteran and/or military status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
or Ascend policy.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required for this position, other duties outside
of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet
the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description
restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this position at any time.
Employee's acknowledgment constitutes employee's understanding of
the principal accountabilities and duties of the position and
certifies that they are physically able to perform the necessary
duties in the work environment.
Keywords: Ascend, Jackson , OTR Fleet Manager, Executive , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!