Company: Support Solutions
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Description: Support Solutions seeks talented, gifted, and
creative individuals to add to our dynamic team of individuals who
work in our ECF (Employment and Community First) CHOICES, DCS, and
Mental Health Housing programs. If you are ready to become a
contributor to an industry leader in the field of Mental Health and
Intellectual Disabilities, we encourage you to apply to become a
valued team member. We are looking forward to having someone like
you to lead us into the future!GENERAL FUNCTION:To provide
supervision and coordination of residential, day and personal
assistance supports for persons served. This position will act as a
liaison between Direct Support Professionals, and administration
for the day to day operation of the assigned areas. This includes
ensuring that person(s) served needs are met, staffing ratios are
correct, staff are properly trained, and documentation is complete
and accurate and that all areas of responsibility meet state and
- Assist with supervision, evaluations, completion of
disciplinary actions, hiring of Direct Support Professionals in the
locations assigned, with input and approval of the Assistant
Program Director and/or Regional Director.
- Participate in the development of the person(s) served plans of
care (ISP or PCSP) and activity calendars. Document progress in
monthly reviews. Assure community supports are in accordance with
the plan of care.
- Schedule and hold regular staff meetings and staff training
(agenda items to include proper implementation of the person(s)
served programs, company policies, and procedures, the orientation
of new staff, to include job shadowing). Assure that communication
is maintained with all staff. Assure appropriate coverage of all
shifts and the completion of all duties.
- Assure that all aspects of the person(s) served records (hard
copy and electronic) are current and conform to all regulations and
standards. Including a review of Electronic Records daily to assure
that daily notes are entered by all staff in the home and meet
expectations of funding sources.
- Assure that all required/recommended medical appointments are
completed; assure that staff coverage is arranged to accompany
person(s) served to appointments, and assure communication to all
staff regarding that appointment. Any follow up appointments should
be documented in the electronic record.
- Assure that all incidents are reported according to policies
and procedures in a prompt and timely manner. Assist with internal
and external investigation requests, including documentation
requests and coordinating staff interviews.
- Ensure records for personal and company funds (ex. food stamps,
personal spending, and business checks) are submitted timely.
Ensure support staff submits inventory updates to personal funds
within 24 hours. Complete reviews as needed. Procure additional
items as needed and approved.
- Maintain expenditures within the approved budget for assigned
homes and maintain and monitor the use, condition, availability,
and storage of all furniture, appliances, and other household
- Maintain a safe and clean home in accordance with all
standards; this includes the vehicle as well.
- Assure that monthly fire and emergency drills are conducted and
properly documented according to policy and procedures.
- Ensure that training specific to the needs of the individual is
completed for all staff before they work with any person served.
Coordinate any behavior or therapy training for new staff. Ensure
the prompt implementation of service plans/ prior authorizations,
Behavior Support Plans, ISP/plans of care, therapy plans for
- Ensure that supervision visits are completed and documented.
This includes three (3) unannounced visits in each home and one (1)
unannounced visit during community-based day services for each
individual Monthly Follow up on identified issues. Also follow up
on identified issues from Quality Assurance visits. Supervise
employees, including completion of evaluations and disciplinary
actions. Make recommendations regarding hiring and termination of
- Program Manager may be required to cover a shift if/when
subordinate staff is unavailable.
- The Program Manager is on call and is responsible for
maintaining a cell phone 24/7 to ensure accessibility. Program
Manager is required to respond to all calls within 30 minutes from
Staff /Management regarding staffing call outs, aggression,
physical violence, property damage due to behaviors and incidents
requiring law enforcement or emergency medical intervention.
- May give telephonic guidance; however, personal attendance to a
crisis may be required at any time. Assist Direct Support
Professionals in managing incidents and emergencies. Follow up to
ensure that incidents are reported according to policies and
procedures in a prompt and timely manner.
- Review and approve staff schedules to ensure proper coverage
and minimize overtime. Check and approve employee timecards.
- Assist with transitions and admissions to all programs that
Support Solutions provides.
- Document meetings outcomes and review each Service Plans or
Plan of Care draft for errors for needed revisions. Contact Support
Coordination or ISC Entity for corrections. Ensure all information
is uploaded and maintained within the persons served electronic
- Communicate medical appointment information via S-Comm or other
means of communication.
- Enter annual and amendments for ISP's and Plans of Care,
including outcomes/action steps as ISP programs in Therap.
- Generate monthly reviews and forward them to
- WEEKLY PAY
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Competitive Wages
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- 401K Program
- Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program. Requirements: Must have a high
school diploma or equivalent. College attendance is a plus. Must
have a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory/ management
experience in providing supports for people with intellectual
disabilities. Excellent communication skills and self-directed
responsibility are expected. Must have the desire and skills to
mentor team members.Must have proficient computer knowledge. Must
have a valid driver's license and maintain a valid driver's license
and acceptable driving record throughout employment with Support
Solutions. Must meet state and local requirements regarding
criminal background check, sexual offender check, abuse registry,
drug screening, and felony offender listing. Must meet all training
requirements and keep training current.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills, able to complete heavy
workloads within established time frames, and perform with frequent
interruptions and/or distractions
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain
cooperative working relationships with others, ability to interact
appropriately with others in various contexts and purposes
- Must be able to practice confidentiality in all matters
pertaining to clients and employees
- Has effective time management in the office and in the field
and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Can perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task
to another, in a job that may require significant differences in
technology, techniques, environmental factors, physical demands, or
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Keeps a professional appearance
- Able to follow instructions and work independently
- Have a proficient knowledge of computer software programs
needed to complete job tasks
- Have a general knowledge of office machines. (Fax, Printers,
- Understands protocol when working with individuals with
- Thorough knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and
- Possess a high degree of leadership and a lead by example
mindset, make appropriate job decisions following standard office
policies and procedures, recognize an emergency situation and take
appropriate action, think through the consequences of a decision
prior to making it.Support Solutions is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer that is committed to diversity. Support
Solutions does not discriminate in employment opportunities,
decisions or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, age, mental or
physical handicap or disability, citizenship, gender identity,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Support Solutions will make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities; unless doing so would result
in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of
employment, including hiring, job assignment, promotion,
compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and
Keywords: Support Solutions, Jackson , Program Manager, Executive , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!