Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: August 17, 2019
General Summary:--Provide die expertise in the support of our
client progressive and transfer tooling. Manage and control
drawings and documentation of our client's tooling. Lead Kaizen
activities in the tool room and manufacturing areas. Lead in
Program Management of Stamping Tools including managing tooling ECI
& ECR Processes. Lead in Tool design activities for stamping while
participating in design reviews & die trials at both the toolshop
and TBTN. Lead in Tool quoting process and managing tooling
Essential Job Functions:
- Review daily die performance improvement
- Manage and file die drawings
- Adhere to TS standards with die drawings and
- Update die drawings and components as revised by customer or
- Leader in new modified die runoffs at customer and
- Document die changes that are related to customer concerns to
prevent future occurrences
- Seek out new technology to enhance die performance in part
quality and efficiency
- Improve die uptime and efficiency
- Lead and/or assist efforts in Tool Shop in die Kaizen
- Suggest and assist in cost reduction in dies and
- Lead activities on manufacturing floor to improve die
- Assist in writing of die production management
- Maintain daily communication with tool design on any changes
- Retain accurate records on tooling
- Lead in Program Management of stamping tools, including tool
quoting, design approval, etc.
- Lead in tool design activities for current, & new program
- Work with TBTN Toolroom & QC to help establish stable and
capable tools by being directly involved with tool improvements and
- Help to manage tooling budgets
- Bachelor's Degree in Design Engineering or related field
required (Tool & Die Journeyman Certification); or equivalent
combination of education and relevant experience.--
- Greater than 4 years of relevant tool & die experience
required.(Tool & Die Apprenticeship Program)
- 2 or more years of experience in automotive manufacturing
- Experience in automotive interior components (e.g., injection,
assembly, tooling, and other miscellaneous components), managing
projects from design to production, is preferred
- Ability to open up tools & inspect and repair tooling for
- Ability to assemble tool set for production
- Working knowledge of tools and equipment designs (Stamping
Press), automation, robotics, and/or manufacturing processes.
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of the industrial
equipment and manufacturing processes relating to tooling.
- Ability to troubleshoot and track tooling issues so to perform
root cause analysis and correct issues with tool
- Ability to read tooling component, assembly and part drawings
and be able to work with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Effective time management skills.
- Must be able to create work schedules & timelines
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to adopt a self-directed work style.
- Strong organization, planning, and analytical skills.
- Ability to compile effective and concise visual
- Able to work in a fast paced, multicultural work
- Familiar with root cause analysis and problem solving
- Active listener with effective communication and interpersonal
- Ability to multitask, manage diversity, and facilitate problem
solving and resolution.
- Ability to function both independently and with good judgment
in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels inside and
outside of the organization.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to support production on
all shifts during new product launch.
- Ability to collect and organize data in an orderly fashion so
that it can be accessed and use for future programs.
- Must be able to compile information and report that information
to the appropriate people in the organization in a timely
- Strong communication skills ( written and verbal) in English
- Japanese, German, Portuguese, and/or Spanish preferred.
- Must be proficient with software utilized in Tool and Die
design & build. (AutoCad, Solidworks,Catia, etc.)
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with
Microsoft Office and other computer based applications (e.g., MS
Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Lotus Notes/Outlook,
Office:-- Open Office Environment, moderate noise level while
performing manufacturing automotive production engineering
operations.Plant:----Standard automotive plant environment with
moderate noise level.-- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as
safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be
required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas.--
Personal attire standards may apply.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
required to talk, see, and hear.-- The team member must be capable
of walking, sitting, and standing and is occasionally required to
lift up to 30 pounds.--
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Jackson , Tooling Engineer, Engineering , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!