R Product Engineer (Design)
Company: Wabtec Corporation
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Position Summary:Lead the creation of new detailed designs based
on a broad concept definition, using existing manufacturing
processes for global fabricated parts. (radiators, oil coolers,
heat exchangers and charge-air-coolers.) Work with global customers
to troubleshoot issues which includes assisting manufacturing
and/or suppliers with design problems, performs tolerance analysis
when creating new designs, and understands tooling requirements
associated with their designs. Provides engineering support for all
aspects of assigned product line to ensure functionality, quality,
cost, and schedule by performing the following duties. This role
includes up to 10% global travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
- Proactively develops new design practices that will increase
the value of Young Touchstone products. Finds areas of cost
reductions based on current manufacturing practices. Analyzes new
designs for cost effectiveness during development.
- Initiates value-added engineering projects. Acts as a technical
resource to the customers so that they always come to Young
Touchstone when developing new products and applications.
Anticipate future needs of our customers and works to find ways to
be able to meet these needs. Works with customers on the creation
of new designs by interpreting their dimensional, durability, and
performance needs and ensuring that the design meets these needs.
Works with customers on any fit-up issues.
- Utilize 3-D modelling and best practices and assists other
designers with CAD questions and technique. Review the design of
designers and drafts people.
- Works with customer and production to solve design
- Determines the method of verifying and validating new
- Conceptually designs new products, including the sizing and
packaging of the heat exchanger system.
- Writes DFMEAs and assures that product designs are meeting the
functional requirements of the customer.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 to 4 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related engineering role.
- Previous experience in the design of fabricated parts with 3D
- Open to 10% global travel to customer sites.
- Relocation lump sum may be provided if you meet eligibility
Keywords: Wabtec Corporation, Jackson , R Product Engineer (Design), Engineering , Jackson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!